The event info for the last Tregaron Freeride.
29th -30th of August
Full weekend ticket – £65
- Camping Friday and Saturday Night
- Food : A Saturday evening meal and a Sunday morning breakfast provided by the Y Talbot hotel.
- Freeriding the whole time the hill is open. With loop uplifts and a safe fast course there will hopefully be tons and tons of runs crammed into the weekend.
- Racing if you so wish
(For spectators/lurkers/photographers/friends/parents) Camping Only – £10
Need more convincing? Read below for more hype and logistical information.
Situated at the entrance to Gnarnia, overshadowed by the fearsome ‘Gates’ that lead into the darkest depths of Wales, Tergaron is the last settlement that is passed by those who venture out to the wilderness in their pilgrimage to attain Welsh gnar. This year’s freeride hill used to be a pot-hole disaster, but it has recently been resurfaced with smooth tarmac and the hill snakes its way through two hairpins that overlook some incredible welsh countryside. This hill is definitely worth the trip, not only for it's picturesque location, but for the challenging corners and exciting straightaways that allow you to develop your downhill and freeriding skills regardless of how good (or bad) you think you are. This hill gets an unconditional seal of approval from Thrill Magazine HQ because it was initially discovered by us many, many years ago and has been drawing us back to this region of Wales for over 5 years. If the hill isn’t all you want, the ‘Y Talbot Inn’ that is providing the dinner at the freeride has culinary awards spewing out of every pot and pan. If you want to eat well and have amazing fun on a skateboard this month (with uplifts), get to this freeride! It will be the single best downhill skateboarding event in the UK in 2015!!
All are welcome not just skaters. We need paparazzi and marshals too.
- Are you currently out of skateboarding on injury or want to take part in the event but don't feel you are ready yet to skate ?
- We need dedicated and alert marshals to help us run the event throughout the weekend, you will be fed and camped for free and given some sort of compensation for helping us run the event.
- There will be a marshals meeting on Friday evening so that we can tell you what exactly it is that you need to do, and go over some basic safety measures, including your own.
- We will be holding a marshals briefing before and after each day in order to maximise the safety of the riders.
- As an Event marshal you are responsible for:
- Policing a corner or straight of the event making sure any riders that fall over are not hit by riders behind them.
- With the help of our medical team we will work together to ensure riders are safe at all times.
- You will need to be alert at all times and not under the influence of anything.
BASIC PLAN ???
A weekend of skating with loop road uplifts at Pencefn Drysgol lane in Tregaron. Which means that there will be continuous runs, less time waiting for buses, less time waiting to do a run and ultimately more runs! A similar format to what Vandem Freeride in Exeter has been in the past.
The road is perfectly surfaced with 2 hairpins and fast straights, ideal for beginners and pro riders alike. You can try to grip and rip the whole track, get you pre drifts down or even do some no hands down runs, its up to you!
We are hoping to run some races on Sunday, including the Welsh Championships. But if you do not wish to race, the track will be open for freeride, after the heats have gone down (this means the number of runs will be slightly lower).
There will be toilets located at both the camp site and track.
09:00 – Track opens for AMRAYS (as many runs as you survive) all day.
13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch brake (its more for our lovely marshals and uplift drivers than riders)
18:00 – Function Room of the Y talbot for Dinner and Pints.
20:00 – Race registration and riders meeting
There will be 4 person heats for every category, which will be Open, Womens, Juniors, Ludge and Welsh Championships.