Would you believe Thrill Magazine started 9 years ago?
It’s surprising how many people out there don’t know this part of Thrill’s history, Thrill is 9 years old and for the first 4 years it ran as a quarterly print. It has achieved a lot over the years and so many people have put time and energy into this – and it’s now time to start the latest version.
As many of you might know after spending a couple of years as one of its contributors, Sabina Edwards took ownership in 2017 and, along with Robbie Stevens and LJ, all did some great things with promoting British Longboarding online and in print.
Sabina has put a huge amount of dedication into keeping this alive and has really put all her effort into showcasing as much of a diverse section of longboarders as possible. With a worldwide audience submitting articles and a massively diverse catalogue of skaters she worked with – Thrill has become a champion of skate media putting this as its priority.
Robbie became part of Thrill in the last few years and put his lovely energy into sharing everything and anything that you might have wanted to see. If you are friends with him on Facebook, you can see this same energy with his youtube DJ links at 2 am most weekends!
LJ was the man on the ground for most of last year, achieving some great event coverage after a injury – he worked on Thrill with the leftover skate energy.
Now, in 2021, it is time for the next generation of skaters to take ownership and bring some fresh energy and new content to the UKDH and longboarding dance and freestyle scene!
Meet the team
” With a big year ahead of us we have a metaphorical ton of ideas to get through… “
Our 12 month plan:
- To find out what the skate community wants to see from Thrill over the next 12 months. We will be asking for feedback on ideas and directions.
- We will aim to publish 2 unique articles a month on the Thrill magazine site showcasing as many disciplines and skate crews as possible. The UK is a big place and since the lockdowns started there is a huge appetite to get events kicking off again!
- We want to post interviews ( online as we start) of riders who are making a difference to the UK scene or longboarding in general. Help tell their story of how they started to longboard and what keeps them going.
- There will be Thrill run events popping up across the UK over the next 12 months, for grassroots and multiple disciplines to bring people together to learn new things.
- We will aim to publish an up-to-date scene report from different areas and the community within them.
- We plan to continue sharing posts sent to the Thrill and showcase the UK scene and to include every type of skater possible.
- We will promote what is going on – be that a small session or full-blown event, we want Thrill to be your community central hub of longboarding, and raise the profile of UK longboarding globally!
- Finally there are plans to create an annual printed issue of Thrill to show what has happened in the past 12 months and a true homage to what Thrill used to be.