Early August saw this year’s Bo Peep event; a National race on the BDSL calendar. All and sundry turned out for what became an awesome weekend of downhill malarkies, a dip in the sea and more downhil marlarkies. Here it all is in pix n vids. Continue reading “Bo Peep and a bit o’ Beachy – Weekend of Skate in the South Downs”
Back for the 4th year of the UK’s coldest & funnest event!’
***EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS HERE***
• 2nd – 4th November 2018
• 30 available places
• Registration opens 1st September – 5th October payment secures place’s
• Payment details released on the 1st September
• 2 Price Plans £97 & £58 see below for details
• NO hay bails or protection on the hill! Ride at your own limit and just for fun.
Saturdays Hill – Langdales, 25% Boulders + BDSL TIME TRIAL!
47 Min drive from Patterdale hall (55Mins if the weather is bad)
A combination of sharp corners and steep hairpins on a narrow, relatively smooth 25% hill, with the vast Langdale valley landscape, makes this hill epic!
BDSL time trial in the afternoon and each person will receive at least 5 qualifying runs!!!
Sunday’s Hill – Ullswater, Thrill Hill
3 20-25% hairpins, pot holes, bumpy surface and general gnar makes this hill one of the most fun to skate, not to mention the view down Ullswater
Patterdale Hall is a mansion and has been perfect for us to escape the elements, their service is amazing and the foods better. This is non-profit get together & costs are as supplied by Patterdale Hall 20/06/18
• Amazing, healthy, home cooked tasty food in large quantities, giving you all the energy you need.
• Dorm style rooms in small groups 2-6 persons
• Drying room! (an absolute godsend for getting all your wet skate gear ready for morning)
• Games room (2 x table football tables, 2 x Table tennis tables & pool table)
• 2 living rooms 1 massive 1 smaller with wood fires, supplied with fridges for our beer!
• Constant free tea, coffee hot chocolate & juice
• Can return for showers Sunday afternoon
£97 Price plan:
Accommodation – Friday & Saturday night.
Breakfast, lunch & Tea Saturday
Breakfast & lunch Sunday
£58 Price plan:
Accommodation – Saturday night.
Breakfast & lunch Sunday
*Arrive from 5:00pm on Friday (Chip butties served in the evening)
*Breakfast at 8:30am
*Lunch is pack lunch that needs to be specified the night before
*Tea at 7:00pm
***No Refunds available
***Under 18’s… We and Patterdale Hall require a signed form with your dedicated responsible adult who will be with you & a signature from a parent. If you want to attend please contact us and a form will be provided. No younger than 16 sorry!
Summer Swine Stomp 2018
Featuring all disciplines: Hybrid & Giant Slalom and Freeride, Mini DH, Freestyle, Slide, Dance & Classic Luge
Further details to follow.
Further information to come. Hosts: Brianne Collective
We asked Canadian skater, Kurtis Dawe, for his review of this year’s Tregaron Freeride
On a recent trip to UK, Kurtis Dawe heard about the Tregaron Freeride, organised by Brianne Collective, and took advantage. Read the account of his first race here in the UK along with Team GB Streetluge and some Turtles…