The last event on the BDSL calendar, Skate to Escape’s annual event, Double Trouble, has become a weekend in Cumbria not to be missed. This year, Aaron Skippings shares his story and we also hear from first-timer, Kinga Rumin. Continue reading “Skate to Escape wraps up 2018 with some Double Trouble”
Back for the 4th year of the UK’s coldest & funnest event!’
***EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS HERE***
• 2nd – 4th November 2018
• 30 available places
• Registration opens 1st September – 5th October payment secures place’s
• Payment details released on the 1st September
• 2 Price Plans £97 & £58 see below for details
• NO hay bails or protection on the hill! Ride at your own limit and just for fun.
Saturdays Hill – Langdales, 25% Boulders + BDSL TIME TRIAL!
47 Min drive from Patterdale hall (55Mins if the weather is bad)
A combination of sharp corners and steep hairpins on a narrow, relatively smooth 25% hill, with the vast Langdale valley landscape, makes this hill epic!
BDSL time trial in the afternoon and each person will receive at least 5 qualifying runs!!!
Sunday’s Hill – Ullswater, Thrill Hill
3 20-25% hairpins, pot holes, bumpy surface and general gnar makes this hill one of the most fun to skate, not to mention the view down Ullswater
Patterdale Hall is a mansion and has been perfect for us to escape the elements, their service is amazing and the foods better. This is non-profit get together & costs are as supplied by Patterdale Hall 20/06/18
• Amazing, healthy, home cooked tasty food in large quantities, giving you all the energy you need.
• Dorm style rooms in small groups 2-6 persons
• Drying room! (an absolute godsend for getting all your wet skate gear ready for morning)
• Games room (2 x table football tables, 2 x Table tennis tables & pool table)
• 2 living rooms 1 massive 1 smaller with wood fires, supplied with fridges for our beer!
• Constant free tea, coffee hot chocolate & juice
• Can return for showers Sunday afternoon
£97 Price plan:
Accommodation – Friday & Saturday night.
Breakfast, lunch & Tea Saturday
Breakfast & lunch Sunday
£58 Price plan:
Accommodation – Saturday night.
Breakfast & lunch Sunday
*Arrive from 5:00pm on Friday (Chip butties served in the evening)
*Breakfast at 8:30am
*Lunch is pack lunch that needs to be specified the night before
*Tea at 7:00pm
***No Refunds available
***Under 18’s… We and Patterdale Hall require a signed form with your dedicated responsible adult who will be with you & a signature from a parent. If you want to attend please contact us and a form will be provided. No younger than 16 sorry!
More information to come. Hosts: Brianne Collective
Once again the Brianne Collective did us all proud at this year’s Tregaron Freeride and we saw some of the best in UK’s downhill skateboarding, luge and even turtle and trike! This year’s event also counted as a National Race in the BDSL calendar. Some great photos of the Tregaron event by Kev Hurdle are featured. Continue reading “Tregaron Freeride 2018”
Between 9th and 13th July, just one week after the twists and turns of the Straja track, comes 2 events made to test the intermediates and advanced riders to a boundary never before seen in Europe. Continue reading “A New Boundary: Pasul Vulcan by DEVAstation Longboard Crew”
or Zen and the Art of Skateboarding – Jed Chapman brings us his tale of skate at last year’s VIF17 … Continue reading “Velefique International Freeride 2017”
Big Mountain Skate kicked off the first ever freeride event in Tenerife – Arico El Bueno Freeride – sponsored by Blue Tomato and presented by Kebbek Skateboards with riders from around the world gathering to take part and I was thrilled to be part of it.